Sam Cannan as Watchmaking Instructor, brings over 30 years of experience in the field of horology.
Sam’s bio includes:
- Master Watchmaker with numerous Swiss and American horological training certificates
- Former Director of the NAWCC School of Horology
- Director of Watch Services for high end jewelry store with 9 locations
- A consultant in the field of Horology
- New Business venture as owner and key employee of Internet Watch Service Providerand supervised service department for high end watch restoration and repair
- Certificate in Organizational Development, Cornell University
- BA Degree, Chesapeake College
The most important thing that Sam brings is his passion and love of the art of watchmaking with a unique ability to convey that passion to his students.
Rick Aubin as Watchmaking Instructor is a 1972 graduate of the Bulova School of Watchmaking with a Certificate signed by Omar Bradley (Chairman of the Board).
Rick brings with him 45 years of experience in the fields of watch and clock repair.
- He worked for a Rolex dealer in NY and had the opportunity to participate in training seminars with high grade watch manufactures
- He also benefited from training at Rolex, Omega and Cartier
- He has had experience repairing hundreds of American and European antique pocket watches.
Rick has moved from New York to Delaware to become a watchmaking instructor at VWI and share his love for working on watches and learning.